Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Homemade Raspberry Ice Cream

I don't know about you, but it just isn't Independence Day/weekend around here without making some homemade ice cream. That's just the way it is. Sunday I whipped up some raspberry ice cream that turned out really delicious. Everyone loved it...and there were no leftovers!

I am lucky enough to have a Cuisinart ice cream maker that makes ice cream easily on the counter top with no ice or salt needed. It's one of the best gifts we've been given (thanks, Dad!). Sometimes I wish I had a second one for times when I have family coming over and I'd like to make enough for all.

Here's the ice cream recipe:

Raspberry Ice Cream

1 pint whipping cream
1 pint fat-free half & half
1 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1/4 t. lemon extract--the lemon adds depth to the raspberry flavor
1 c. raspberry fruit spread--I used this that I found at Costco. It tastes like fresh, crushed raspberries. So good!

(This stuff is really good on toast, too!)

Stir together the cream, half & half and sugar. Whisk until the sugar dissolves. Stir in extracts. Whisk in the raspberry fruit spread. Freeze in ice cream freezer according to the manufacturer's directions. Recipe makes about 1/2 gallon--just enough for our family of 8 to devour!

Comments