Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Brooks vs. Asics

**Note. This is my own, non-affiliated, non-paid, personal & biased review based on my own experience. The end.**


Just last week, I posted about some of my favorite things and I included the Brooks Ghost 4 running shoes I had. I said they were helping my shin splints, and they were. BUUUUT....(big but) my feet were burning like crazy in them. We're talking fire on the bottom of my feet within 10-12 minutes of starting to run. Not good. Very uncomfortable. I tried thicker socks, thinner socks, lacing my shoes tighter, lacing them loser, running with my inserts, running without my inserts. Nothing worked, so I finally concluded that it had to be the shoes. I'd never had burning feet before those shoes. I was sad, because I liked everything else about them.

This is the great thing about Salt Lake Running Co. They were absolutely awesome to help me out with this. My third time in there after purchasing the Brooks, they helped me choose another shoe. We decided to go with the cushiest neutral shoe out there. Cue the Asics:


These are the Asics Gel Nimbus 13. I LOVE THEM. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. I love them just about as much as I love dark chocolate, and that's a lot. I walked in them Monday, ran in them Tuesday, and my feet got a little warm, but no burning. And literally, they are like running on clouds. This has got to be a good thing for my knee. Plus, the black and green colors? Love those too.

Comments