Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Recipe Redoux: The BEST Country Style Ribs

This is a repost from over a year ago. Since this is one that has stood the test of time, and I'm making them for dinner today, I decided to repost for those who may have missed it the first time around. Enjoy!!

For Sunday dinner a couple of days ago, I tried out a new technique with country style ribs. If you've made them before, you know it's easy to have them turn out dry, which is how they have turned out for me pretty much every time I've made them in the past. This time was different! They were falling-apart tender and they weren't dry. SO delicious.
No surprise, I got the original recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe (is there a recipe on that site that isn't good? I don't think so!) I changed it up and made it my own. The family loved them, and even I, NOT your average meat lover, loved them, and that makes them a hit. Here's what I did:
Buy McCormick Grill Mates marinade in Steak flavor.
Mix it up according to the directions.
Put the ribs (I used 3 1/2 lbs) in the slow cooker.
Pour the marinade over the ribs. Do this in layers if needed 
in order to cover all the ribs well.
Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
Remove the ribs from the slow cooker.
Cover with your favorite BBQ sauce. Ours happens to be Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet & Spicy.
Grill for 10-15 minutes, just long enough to caramelize the BBQ sauce
and get good grilled flavor on the ribs.
Remove to a plate and let the meat rest for about 10 minutes.
(This is important for any meat, including steaks, roasts, and chicken).
Dig in and enjoy the flavor of BBQ ribs that were really cooked in the slow cooker.

Comments