Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

NaBloPoMo & Flashback Friday: Chocolate Chip Muffins

Hey there! Happy Friday! It's also the last day of November. That means I have successfully completed the NaBloPoMo challenge.  What's NaBloPoMo? (Don't worry, I had no idea myself until the first of the month). It is none other than National Blog Posting Month, and I took the challenge to post Every. Single. Day. I didn't know at first how I'd do it--but here it is the last day and I managed to make it. Whew~!
For this week's flashback, I'm re-posting a favorite recipe for Chocolate Chip Muffins. These muffins are tender and delicious, and might be even better with mini chocolate chips. (Note to self: buy more mini chocolate chips).
Chocolate Chip Muffins
adapted from All Recipes.com

2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 c. milk
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 T. sour cream
1 t. vanilla
1 egg, beaten
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
additional sugar for the muffin tops


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 16 regular sized muffin cups with paper liners. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips. Make a well in the center and pour in milk, oil, sour cream, vanilla and beaten egg. Mix until just combined and all flour is moistened. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until golden brown on top. While still hot, brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.

Comments