Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Quick & Easy Orange Chili Beef


I wasn't lying when I said I'm on a new recipe kick.....yep, got another one for you!

This one comes by way of Our Best Bites. I adapted it some and doubled it so it would feed 7 of us. It was really easy to put together. The hardest part was thinly slicing all the beef, but if it's partially frozen, it's not that hard to do. Next time I make this, I will have some extra bottled orange juice around so that if I don't get quite enough from fresh oranges, I'm still covered. I didn't have quite enough this time, but close.

If you enjoy Chinese food, you'll enjoy this recipe. Make it soon.

Quick & Easy Orange Chili Beef
the zest of two oranges
1 c. fresh orange juice (at least 4 oranges)
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. rice vinegar
1/4 c. soy sauce
4 t. Asian Chili Garlic sauce
1 1/2 t. ground ginger (or 4 t. grated fresh ginger)
4 t. cornstarch
oil for the pan
3 lbs. Chuck Tender steak, sliced thinly across the grain
3 green onions, sliced
hot cooked rice

In a medium bowl, whisk together the zest, juice, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, Chili Garlic sauce and cornstarch; set aside. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Use enough oil to coat the pan. Add the beef and cook until brown. Whisk orange chili sauce to recombine and pour into hot skillet with the beef. Cook until thickened, approximately 3 minutes. Add green onions and cook 2 minutes more to soften. Serve over hot rice with a side of broccoli florets.

Comments