Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

The best things about having a missionary out

This was us the day we took Elder Sedlacek to the Missionary Training Center. That was three weeks ago tomorrow, which in some ways feels long, and in other ways feels short. I've learned that there are some great benefits to having a missionary out.

There is such a great feeling of love and unity and peace in our home. Greater than ever before.

Somehow, I feel closer to Jacob through his letters than when he was here. He's always been a man of few words, but not in letters! Funny how that works.

I've heard stuff like, "You're the best, Mama," and "You are an awesome parent and so is Dad," and "I love you guys" more than I've heard it in the last almost-19 years of his life. :)

The blessings that come into your home and family when you support a missionary are SO real. Undeniable in fact. It's gonna be hard to give those up when we don't have any more missionaries to send!

The other children are really watching their brother and encouraging him and loving him. It's great to see.

Watching Jacob learn and grow is about the best thing ever!

It's still tough to think of him being gone for two years, but I just don't let myself focus on that. One day at a time....and that's one of the lessons I've learned from diabetes. One day at a time really works when anything else would overwhelm you. Whatever you deal with in life, that's my advice: just take it one day at a time.


Comments