Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Master bedrooom redo {drab to fab, part 3}


Hi! Welcome back to more of our master bedroom redo.

Remember the little lamp in part two, the one I thought I might like to update with a red shade? I changed my mind. Here's what changed it for me:


In my last post, I shared my nectarine jam recipe. When I was getting ready to bottle that jam, I went looking for my boiling water canner. It was not in the garage where I left it so I headed down to the basement storage room. Before I found the canner, I found this lampshade. Immediately I thought, "That's IT!"

This lampshade came from Jeff's parent's house, and we *think it was made by his mom. It is made of Australian stamps from the 1950s and 60s. It's a mystery exactly where the stamps came from and who used them. Her father served a mission to New Zealand, but these stamps are after his time. It's a possibility that people he met there were writing to him and Mom saved the stamps. We don't know for sure.

Anyway, I love the lampshade and it fits perfectly with the gray and old elements of the room. Next up: the door-turned-headboard!

Comments