Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

My favorite workouts


Last June I started working out, like I have a lot of other times in my life, but unlike those other times, I haven't stopped. That's 10 months of consistent exercise so far, and I love it. I started out with Jillian Michaels' 30 day Shred. Honestly, I thought I was going to die at first, but I didn't give up. I don't know what made the difference for me this time, but I told myself I would NOT quit, and I haven't. (I'm so proud of myself!) After several months, I decided to give her Biggest Loser buddy Bob a try.

This is one of Bob Harper's Inside Out series. I love the Cardio version seen here. It includes a 20 minute workout called "Butt and Balance" that is AWESOME. And tough. But so much fun!


This is another of Bob's Inside Out series, the Super Strength. I love this one, too. It's incredibly tough...so tough that I have yet to get all the way through the hour-long workout. I usually do the 20 minute version, which works upper body, lower body, and then abs.

 Lastly, my favorite yoga DVD is Jillian's. It really works up a sweat by alternating through power poses. Awesome.

**Note**
I have also, less successfully, tried a few other workout DVDs. I have a few of Leslie Sansone's walking workouts. They are okay, but they aren't my favorite. This is mostly because I'd rather walk outside if I'm going to walk. I have also tried Billy Blanks' Tae Bo. I liked it, but my knee didn't. A word to the wise: if you have arthritis in your knee like I do, don't do Billy Blanks. I couldn't walk, much less do my regular workout sessions, for a whole week.

Comments