Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Ode to Books

China mug from theliterarygiftcompany.com


I wish I had this mug. Maybe if I had this mug, I'd actually make more time to read? I dunno.

What are you reading now? Here's a look at what I have recently read, am either currently reading or have on my to-read list in the near future:

Happily Ever After: The Life-changing Power of a Grateful Heart
by Trista Sutter

This one I would really recommend. It may be written by the first Bachelorette in ABC's The Bachelorette series, but it's a clean read and a great look at the power of gratitude, and that's something I really believe in!

A Pledge of Silence
by Flora J. Solomon

This one I would not recommend for everyone. It is a historical novel set during World War II, and tells the story of a nurse caught in the crossfire in the Philippines at the time it was lost to Japan. There is adult language and situations contained in this book. Overall, it was an interesting look at history, and I'm usually a sucker for historical fiction.

The Selection
by Kiera Cass

Have you read this one? It's on my upcoming list.

Allegiant
by Veronica Roth

Same with this one. I enjoyed Divergent and Insurgent, so I hope to enjoy the conclusion to the series.

Sycamore Row
by John Grisham

Currently reading this one. It's got some language (but no F-word, which I hate), but it's true to John Grisham form with great suspense and twists in the story. I have read and enjoyed most of Grisham's books. My all-time favorite of his? The Runaway Jury! 


The Flight of Gemma Hardy
by Margot Livesey

Another on my to-read list. It comes highly recommended by one of my neighbors who read it for a book club.

Anything I should add to my to-read list?

Comments