Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Paper Wreath

I don't know what it is about them, but I love wreaths. For all holidays, seasons, whatever. I am always looking for new wreath ideas. Because they are so expensive to buy premade, I usually make my own. My college-age daughter is home for the summer and she enjoys making them too, so we have a little fun together! Yesterday I was looking online for a patriotic paper wreath idea. Found one over at TipJunkie. (Click for a tutorial). It is awesomely cute!
Pic from Tip Junkie

Here is a shot of ours coming together:

The wreath is made with scrapbook paper pinwheels glued onto a foam wreath form. The most time-consuming part was folding all the paper and gluing it into pinwheel shapes. (Just ask Nicole...she did most of that part. Thank you, Nicole!)

Here is the finished product:
This wreath can be easily customized by virtue of the scrapbook paper you choose. We used confetti stars in different sizes for the pinwheel centers, and just hot glued them on.

Comments