Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Raspberry Nectarine Crumble


This is another recipe adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe. Mel's was a Blackberry Nectarine Crumble that looked so delicious, I determined to make one for last Sunday's dessert. Sundays and dessert belong together, in my opinion. Anyway, nectarines and berries also belong together, as do peaches and berries. Thanks to Jeff, we have all of the above growing in our yard. Well, not blackberries...but raspberries. So I substituted raspberries, and I'm not sorry. It was delish.

Raspberry Nectarine Crumble

6 nectarines, thinly sliced (I also peel them. I don't like the peels)
1 pint of raspberries
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. salt
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
2 T. water
2 t. tapioca (my addition)

Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Toss the fruit, cinnamon, salt, sugar, water and tapioca together and pour into the pan.

For Crumble:
1 1/2 c. QUICK oats
1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. butter, melted

Mix together the dry ingredients and add the melted butter while tossing with a fork. Mix until it is moist and crumbly. Sprinkle over the fruit in the pan. Bake the crumble for 40 minutes. Cool 10-15 minutes before serving. We ate it topped with whipped cream.

Comments