Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

apple cake in a cast iron skillet

This is another idea for all those apples that are starting to fall off the tree. This recipe comes from Ree Drummond, Pioneer Woman. It was delicious and everyone liked it....except Mia, and she wouldn't even taste it. Too bad for her!


If you like butter & apples (more butter than apples) make this cake. It's so good, and smells great while it bakes. Plus, look how it cool it looks when you turn it out of the skillet! This is perfect for a Sunday...Sunday calories don't count, after all. At least, not in my book. :)  **Note** I did make two minor changes to the recipe. First of all, I laid the apple slices on their sides and did 2 layers of them. Then I sprinkled them with nutmeg. Next time I make it, I want to use brown sugar in the apple layer instead of white. I think it would make the apples look more caramelized and have deeper flavor.

Comments