Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

How do ya like them apples?!

We have one big golden delicious apple tree, and two smaller red delicious trees. They all produced a lot of apples this year! Here are some things we've been doing with apples:

 Make apple pie! This is the 4th one I've made in a week. (Three were shared with our family at Jeff's birthday party). This one I made today
(by request of Nicole)
and used the recipe in my Lion House Pies cookbook. Can't wait to taste it.
If you don't have this cookbook and you like baking pies, I highly recommend getting it.

 Make apple butter in your crock pot. Go here for the recipe I've been using. 
It's a little sweet, so I cut the sugar in the recipe by 1 1/2 cups. 

 Don't forget caramel apples! We let the kids have fun decorating them.

This idea compliments of Mia & Libby: carve a face in it and then eat it. :)

Comments