Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Checking in

Hey, everyone. How was your Thanksgiving? Ours was great!....except for the fact that my coconut cream pie didn't set up, and the meringue on my lemon meringue shrank. What can you do? Well, I can promise coconut cream pie that it won't beat me yet. I will make it again, and it WILL SET UP. I will win the next round. :)

The Food Nanny experiment has been going along splendidly. I've decided that the best thing about it is that I have not had to start scrambling every afternoon to figure out what I'm going to cook for dinner. It's already decided, and that has been GREAT! Except for Thanksgiving leftovers we enjoyed, I have stuck to my menu plan and the recipes have all been tasty. Since I last checked in, I've made Potato Cheese Soup and  Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu. Both were delicious.

For the soup, you peel and chop the potatoes and cook them in chicken broth. When they have softened, slightly mash them and add sliced green onion, salt & pepper. Melt in some cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese, and some crumbled bacon is optional. I added the bacon so I recommend doing that.  I liked it better than the slow cooker version I usually do, and it was easy to put together.

For the Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu, I cheated a little. :) I used Mel's method from Mel's Kitchen Cafe. Instead of pounding the chicken breasts and rolling them up with the ham and cheese inside, Mel's recipe calls for cutting the chicken in breasts in half width-wise, then just covering them with the ham, cheese, and buttered bread crumbs. I considered this method to be easier so that's how I did it. It was so tasty! My family all loves chicken cordon bleu, so this recipe was a hit.

You can find all the Food Nanny recipes at http://byutv.org/foodnanny/plan/.

Comments