Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Recipe: Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches

Wondering what's for dinner? Looking for a recipe that's so easy, it may not actually be a recipe? Look no further.


Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches. So easy and delicious! All you need to get started is a crockpot, a few chicken breasts, and your favorite barbecue sauce.



I like to use a combination of sauces. Why? Because I have convinced myself that two barbecue sauces are better than one, although one has to be Sweet Baby Ray's. This time I added some Bull's Eye Memphis Style as well. It was awesome.

Just put the chicken breasts in the crockpot. I like to spray the pot with Pam first. I have 7 mouths to feed, and two of those are teenage boys, so I use 5 good-sized chicken breasts. If they're small, more like chicken cutlets, I use 8. This makes enough so that there are leftovers for my honey's lunch the next day, plus a little extra.

Pour the sauces all over the chicken breasts. I don't bother to mix them together first. I used about 2/3 of the bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's, and 1/3 of the Bull's Eye. (My boys used most of the rest of the Sweet Baby Ray's to dip their tater tots into at dinner time. Note: If you like Napoleon Dynamite like we do, you just call them "tots").

Cook the chicken breasts either on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-8. Then take two forks and shred the chicken. If you need more sauce, stir more into the shredded chicken and heat through. Serve on buns. Some of us like to put cheddar cheese on our sandwich. Some of us don't. Personally, the cheese HAS to be on it. :)

Enjoy your easy, slow-cooked barbecue chicken sandwiches!

Comments