Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Recipe: Homemade Kettle Corn

Unfortunately, I do not have a picture for this. Fortunately, everyone knows what kettle corn looks like, so it's probably not too big of a deal.

This recipe was born one night when I REALLY REALLY wanted kettle corn and didn't have any. I experimented and actually made it twice. I had a recipe the first time, but thought it could be improved on so I changed it. For once, the second time was the charm! :)


Homemade Kettle Corn (way better than anything in the bag!)

Pop 1/2 c. of corn kernals in an air popper and set aside. You could probably also pop up a bag of microwave popcorn and use that, but I can't vouch for how it would taste since I haven't tried it.
In a saucepan, combine 2 T. oil, 2 T. water, and 2/3 c. white sugar. Stir as it comes to a boil. Just before it boils, throw in 2 T. butter and melt it in. When it boils, set your timer for 3 1/2 minutes, and let it simmer. Remove from heat and pour over popcorn while stirring constantly. It will want to clump together at first, but keep stirring and as it cools it will separate nicely. Sprinkle with salt to taste and stir it in. Enjoy your homemade kettle corn!

Comments