Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Stars & Interruptions


I've talked about the fact that my hubby works for Stampin' Up. (If you've never heard of them, you can check them out here.)

Before he started this job, I never thought of making my own cards--except to print out something generic from the internet. But Jeff keeps me supplied with lots of good stuff, so why not? I am not a scrapbooking enthusiast (why? that's probably an answer for another post) but card making I can do.

I've done quite a few cards now, but didn't even take a pic. I wish I had just so I could remember them and duplicate them again if I wanted to. This is the first card I've recorded for posterity. :)

Stampin Up has all kinds of pre-cut cards (just the basic folded paper) with matching sized envelopes. The green card is one of those. I embellished with pre-cut stars, attaching the three larger stars with double sided sticky foam. Then I stuck the three smaller sized stars in the larger ones' middles. All the stars come with self-stick backs, so this was really easy to do. The "HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY..." border is also self-stick. This card needed to be masculine--otherwise I would have feminized it up with some buttons or ribbon or something. :)

On another note, check out this post over at 320 Sycamore. One of my favorite bloggers wrote about some of the things she has learned from being a mother, and it's really worth reading. It includes the following quote:

"When you are exasperated by interruptions, try to remember that their very frequency may indicate the value of your life. Only people who are full of help and strength are burdened by other persons' needs. The interruptions which we chafe at are the credentials of our indispensability. The greatest condemnation that anybody could incur - and it is a danger to guard against - is to be so independent, so unhelpful, that nobody ever interrupts us, and we are left comfortably alone." ~Anonymous, from the Anglican Digest

I love that!

Have a happy day with at least one interruption.
 

Comments