Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

I owe it all to running.

That's me during a recent Relief Society (church women's group) retreat.

I climbed up that log. On little hooks, no less. Not an easy task...and my shoulders let me know about it the next day.

Then I walked across this log to a zip line platform on the other side. Then I rode the zip line. That was sooo awesome!!!

Truthfully, I wasn't scared to do any of it. And I realized during the activity that even 6 months ago I would've been scared out of my mind to do it. Honestly. But because I've already done something big (for me) and taken up running when I believed for the first 44 years of my life that I never could, I feel so empowered. And that made climbing up to that log and riding down a zip line something else that was empowering.

Now, that doesn't mean any marathons are in my future. But maybe a 10k is. I'm still thinking about it....

Comments