Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Beware of toasters.

This has been one heck of a day so far. And yeah, it's not even noon yet.

To start off, I won a $100 Amazon gift card. So grateful!! It will definitely come in handy, too. After that, the day took a turn. This is where the toaster comes in.


That's a cut from the top of my thumb to the knuckle, courtesy of the sharp steel lip on the inside of my toaster. I grabbed it from the top to lift it out of my cabinet, and my thumb just happened to grab at the wrong spot. I knew immediately it wasn't good. And it ached like the devil!

Thankfully, the doctor was able to take me in right away so I didn't have to go to Instacare and pay more. Also thankfully, he decided to give me a digital block before even pulling the cut open to really see exactly how deep it was. This is my thumb after the block. Fat and gross looking, but numb alright.

It was pretty darn deep, into the muscle. So six stitches later, this is how it looks now. I have to keep this bandage on for a couple of days.

Another good thing is that Jeff was home and able to drive me to the doctor's office. It's snowy today, and on the turn into the office parking lot, the car slid, went up a curb, and just stopped immediately in front of a tree. So that definitely could have been worse. And I'm really grateful we didn't hit that tree or the cars on the other side of it!

So beware of toasters. I will definitely be changing how I grab hold of my toaster from now on.

Comments