Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

I draw the line!

This the wreath that hangs on my front door. It's going to stay there til the day after Thanksgiving, when the Christmas wreath will go up. (I am not a retailer who would like to slide right past Halloween and Thanksgiving over to Black Friday. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!)

I made this wreath, and I'm proud of it. (But not too proud, 'cause pride goes before a fall. It's true).

So today, I'm sitting here writing an article and I hear this funny noise. Sort of a scratching sound. My dog Molly was lying in the living room. Twice I got up and looked at her and said, "What are you doing?" She just looked back at me as if to say, "Huh? I'm sleepy. I'm doing nothing." She really was doing nothing...lazy bones.

Finally I realized the sound was coming from the front door. I looked out the window to see no one there. Then I saw the real culprit.

A naughty, thieving little Blue Jay was trying to help himself to parts of my wreath!

I opened the door, he flew away, and I said, "Leave my wreath alone Mister!" (Yeah, I really did talk out loud to a Blue Jay AND call him Mister). But--lots of naughty Blue Jays have eaten our sunflower seeds, pecked at my potted flowers and hounded Snickers the rabbit. So I think I'm justified.

I like their blue color, but not much else.

Comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!