Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

It's all about love.


Nicole gave me two tickets to see Les Miserables last night, just she and I. It's the first time I've ever gone to a movie on Christmas Day, but it's also the first time there was a movie I thought was going to be worth it.

It was worth it. We loved it! (Thank you Nicole!)

Quick review: the movie is Amazing. Hugh Jackman hasn't won a few Tony awards for nothing--he is incredible. Anne Hathaway does an awesome job as Fantine--a tough, gritty role--and there are a couple of scenes in her story to beware of. Russell Crowe was a question mark before I went--can he sing well enough? Honestly, I thought he did okay and his voice matched the character well enough. He isn't on par with Jackman, but he doesn't crash and burn either. Eddie Redmayne's Marius was great. Loved him.

As I sat there watching the closing scenes (and crying!) as Jean Valjean prepares to die, I was struck with the thought that it's all about love. The movie is--the story is--life is. Ultimately it's for each of us to discover God's love in our lives, let it give us hope, receive & extend forgiveness, and let it make us into the people He wants us to be, while reflecting it to those around us. The character of Jean Valjean was able to do just that.

Comments