Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

My fitbit

This is a handy-dandy little thing. A fitbit zip Wireless Activity Tracker.

How do I love it? Let me count the ways...

1. It is very small and clips/fits anywhere--pocket, sports bra, the collar of your shirt--you name it.
2. It has a smiley face when you're doing great--a raspberry face when you're not. I like smiley faces. Smiley faces make me want to work harder. :)
3. This little thing keeps track of calories burned, steps taken, distance achieved, and the time. And syncs up to your fitbit account via wireless--anytime you are within 20 feet of your connection.
4. The motivation it gives us has been great. "10,000 steps! Gotta get 1,436 more!"
5. It's cute and green. I love lime green.

Jeff and I both have one of these. {His is boring manly black, not cute lime green}. We have been spending most of our evenings reaching those last 10,000 steps. One night I wanted to watch Chopped, but I couldn't just sit. I ran in place. Gotta do what I gotta do! And I have learned that different workouts = different steps. Only 30 minutes of Zumba netted me 4,000. Strength training (which I love?) = not so many. :P

One of these babies will set you back only about $50. We were lucky enough to get that as a credit on one of Jeff's paychecks, since this is one of the trackers that will work with new company health incentives. I would say it's definitely worth the investment. There are other fitbits available--some track sleep, for instance--so check them out here if you're interested.

*The people at Fitbit don't know I'm alive. I wrote this because I like their product. End of story!*

Comments