Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Up to no good {Or too much, depending on how you look at it}


Hey everyone. Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

I have 4 weeks with Nicole (who is home for the summer) before my other kids get out of school, so we are up to no good--or too much. Making Oreo Peanut Butter is my case in point.

The original comes from Crazy for Crust. As soon as I saw it, I knew we had to make it. Nicole very readily agreed with me. :) It's about as simple as can be:

1 1/2 c. honey roasted peanuts
10 Oreo cookies

Blend in a food processor or blender (up to 4 minutes) until smooth and peanut buttery. The End.

Well, not quite.

I used cocktail peanuts as I don't really like honey roasted all that much. I don't have a big food processor, so we started out in the blender. Fail. We transferred everything in batches to my mini food processor and got the peanuts and Oreos all finely chopped, then we went back to the blender with the milkshake attachment. Success! It took about 3 minutes in the blender to reach a thick, crunchy peanut butter-like consistency. Crunchy peanut butter is my fave, so I'm good with that. It's really yummy on graham crackers.

Comments