Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
1. Buy an angel food cake. (In the interest of keeping the oven OFF!) Also buy a large container of frozen, sliced strawberries in sugar and one pint of whipping cream. Thaw the berries in the fridge overnight.
2. Cut the cake into cubes. Whip the cream with 1/3 c. powdered sugar and 1 t. vanilla.
3. Layer 1/3 of the cake cubes in the bottom of a trifle dish or large bowl.
4. Spoon 1/3 of the strawberries and syrup over the cake cubes.
5. Cover with 1/3 of the whipped cream.
6. Again, layer 1/3 of the cake, 1/3 of the berries, and 1/3 of the cream. Finish off with a final layer of cake, berries and cream.
7. Chill for 30 minutes to allow the cake to soak up some the strawberry syrup.
8. Serve and enjoy.
9. Try to resist having seconds. NO ONE here could resist. :)