Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Growing up vs. "growing up"

So, it seems that the world would have you believe that "growing up" looks like this:

Miley Cyrus at the VMAs. (I didn't watch them, but just like you probably have, I heard about it). And I won't post a pic of anything like that on my blog.

I've heard it said that Miley is just "growing up." Well, excuse me. Does growing up mean becoming crass and vulgar? Degrading oneself in front of millions?

No--a million times no!

True growing up, in my estimation, looks like this:


This is my beautiful Nicole. (And she doesn't know I'm posting this!) She is almost ready to graduate from college, and is even more beautiful on the inside. She knows that conducting herself with dignity, virtue and kindness are the true hallmarks of growing up.

Thankfully, there are a lot of other girls out there just like Nicole. I'm grateful for them!

Revelation 21:11 "And her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal."

Comments