Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps


These wraps are pretty easy to make and taste sooo good! I found the original recipe over at Mel's Kitchen Cafe and adapted them a little. I made some both with and without sour cream inside because some of my kids claim to despise sour cream, but you know what? Everyone liked the wraps with sour cream best, so I suggest adding it even if you don't like sour cream. It does add a little creaminess that is really yummy.

Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps
adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe

1 package of 10 burrito-sized tortillas
1 rotisserie chicken, removed from the bones and shredded (I used one from Costco)
2 cups cooked, hot rice
1 can black beans, drained
1/2 bunch of cilantro, washed and finely chopped
2 green onions, chopped
1 t. chili powder
1 1/2 t. cumin
1 t. garlic salt
the juice of 2 limes
2 cups Colby Jack cheese
reduced-fat sour cream 

Mix hot rice together with the spices, cilantro and lime juice. Add beans, chicken and green onion. Spread each tortilla lightly with sour cream and sprinkle lightly with shredded cheese. Spread about 1/3 cup of rice mixture down the center of each tortilla and roll up. Spray the edge of the tortilla with non-stick spray before rolling completely to help seal the edge. Place seam side down on a hot griddle and cook for approximately two minutes. Turn over and brown the other side. Serve warm.

**My kids suggested that the next time I make these I should also make some Cafe Rio tomatillo dressing to dip them in. I think this is a fantastic idea.** 

Comments