Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Halloween Week Odds n' Ends

Happy Halloween!! How do you say "Halloween?" HAL-oween? or Haul-o-ween? I find myself saying Haul-o-ween this year. Don't know why, other than it sounds kinda cool.

When your missionary son emails you and says, "I could really use some homemade pumpkin cookies," what do you do? Make them. And then you ship them off in a hurry before transfers hit next week.

These are your basic 1-spice cake mix, 1-15 oz. can of pumpkin, and chocolate chips recipe. Pretty easy. If you have a better one, leave me a link or something because I'd love to try it out!


We have a Van Gogh in the family. If you've read much of my blog, you know about Jared's love of working with his hands, so we shouldn't be surprised. This is Jared's completed assignment for his painting class at the high school. The assignment was to paint a picture in the style of Van Gogh, and then add a crazy element. I LOVE that he added Superman, and he did a dang good job of it, too! Oh yeah, he earned an A!

Last, but certainly not least, is the sweet little note Libby wrote and stuck in with her brother's cookies. She stuck a creepy clown pen in, too, because she swears that Jake doesn't like clowns. As you can see, the clown pen doesn't even work, but that didn't stop her.

Stay safe tonight in your tricking and treating!!

Comments