Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Things I'm happy about today--including Fudgy One-bowl Brownies!

It's Monday, and I'm going to say it. Happy Monday!

Even though I don't get to hear from my missionary son today (tomorrow instead) it's still a great day. Bright and early, I went outside and spied this while walking through my backyard.

So perfect and pretty. I just love fall leaves!

I'm also happy about my yard. Last week I showed you how Jeff had cut down a big pine tree that used to be in front of our house. Saturday, we got the yard all cleaned up from that, plus he mowed the lawn for probably the last time.

I love it. The sun was out for most of the day! Gotta be happy about that.

To top it all off, I made brownies yesterday. Mormons fast one Sunday a month, usually the first one, but this month Fast Sunday was yesterday. In my estimation, no better way to break a fast than with some especially yummy food (a pot roast or some steaks) followed by homemade brownies for dessert.

I think I have perfected the recipe--and it's all right here in my head. Pardon me while I write it down for you. Enjoy!

2 cubes of butter
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 c. sugar
2 t. vanilla
1/4 t. salt
4 eggs
1 cup flour
1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional--if I have some I throw 'em in)

Preheat your oven to 350. Spray an 8x11 pan with non-stick spray.

Put the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl and melt on high for about 45 seconds. Stir in cocoa powder and chocolate chips until combined and chips are melted. Whisk in sugar until combined. Add eggs, vanilla and salt and whisk until eggs are well incorporated. Stir in flour. Spread batter in pan and bake for 35-38 minutes or until the center is set and a pick inserted in the center shows moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack and then cover with foil until ready to serve.

Comments