Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies on a pink Post-It Note.


My title is quite literal today. I'll show you in a minute.

I wrote the recipe for these cookies down on a little pink Post-It note probably two years ago, and ever since then that little gem has maintained a prized spot right on my kitchen counter where I can use it whenever I have one of those I've-got-to-have-chocolate-chip-cookies-now moments.

I know we all have those moments. Ahem.

Anyway, because of where it lives, it looks like this:

Don't judge me--I can still read it just fine. :)   In case you need a little deciphering, it's 1 1/2 sticks of butter, melted and then cooled slightly. Cream the butter and sugars for 2 minutes on medium high speed--really, beat the heck out of it, it's worth the time. When you add the egg, yolk and vanilla, do that again--2 full minutes.

Original recipe lives here: Mel's Kitchen Cafe under "Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies." I named them the BEST because I consider them to be just that. They don't disappoint!

Comments