Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Bathroom Renovation: What a difference grout makes


So a few days ago, I updated the bathroom progress to show that we had tile. Tile, but no grout.

Today, we have grout! And what a difference it makes. First, another look with no grout:

Now with SpectraLock epoxy grout (another splurge that we feel is worth it) in Silver Shadow:
Much more finished looking. I was a little nervous about the color we chose for the grout. I didn't want white because I thought it would be too bright. Didn't like antique white because it just looks dirty to me. We didn't want dark grout because it would make the room look smaller. We decided to go with Silver Shadow because we wanted to enhance the gray tones in all the tiles but we also wanted it to sort of "melt" into the tiles and make the space look bigger. I think we were successful. I'm really happy with how it looks!

Here's a close up shot of the shower:
I love what the grout does for the look of the mosaic.

We are using the same grout & color for the floor to help tie everything together.
Again, it has the desired effect and I'm really happy with it.

Here is an interesting little study in lighting. This is the mosaic in the floor, with flash and then without:

I love how lighting and color play off each other. The mosaic goes from predominantly green to more earthy while the tiles look almost pink without the flash.

The next update will probably be at the end of the week or the beginning of next, when everything is finished!

Comments