Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

I'm a Mom.

Photo credit: Erin & Nathan Barney
In two days, it's Mother's Day. And I'm blessed enough to be a mom to these crazy, fun kids.

In no way am I the "perfect" Mom. {Is there even such a thing?} In fact, while I enjoy Mother's Day most years, I've had a few that weren't so enjoyable, just because I happened to have a bad day and feel woefully inadequate! I'm sure I'm not the only one....but most of the time, I just try to be grateful for the amazing people my kids are....not because I made them that way, but because we have a Father in Heaven who sent them this way!

All mothers know one thing for sure--it is soooooooo hard to be a mom. I'm finding that it can get tougher as they get older. But the good news is, it's also rewarding. Mostly because these guys are all so amazing! Two of them are adults and are doing great things and it's fun to watch. The other four are on their way, and I realize that before I know it, they'll be adults too. And that right there is the hardest part--letting them go and be their own people--and hope they will come back and visit often. And {ultimately} bring grandchildren with them! :)


Happy Mother's Day!

Comments