Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

"Remember where it is you're going."

{Riding off into the sunset is a romantic notion, but what happens when the sun comes up the next day?}

This morning three of my kids got up at 5 am to go to the temple. This is something they get to do about every 3 months, and they all enjoy it a lot. It's a great way to start the day.

Today they had a little trouble with arguing while they were getting ready. This is not out of the ordinary, unfortunately. (Two teenaged boys and one preteen girl don't always mix. Especially when bathrooms and hair come into play). I walked up to them and said, "Remember where it is you're going," without really even thinking about it first. They all calmed down, got ready, and went on their merry way.

As I went back to bed (hey, I'm not staying up when it's only 5:20!) I thought about that phrase, "Remember where it is you're going." For members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the temple is a place of peace and reverence, where we can learn more about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I wanted my children to remember this and let it positively affect their behavior. But I realized it goes farther than that. I want to remember where it is I'M going. I don't just want to end up somewhere. I want to GO, through my own choices each and every day.

Comments