Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Book Review: Heaven Is Here

{Pic taken at a Heaven Is Here book signing. LOVED meeting Nie!}

If you read Nie's blog, and really, I don't know many people who don't, then you know that her new book is out today. Here in Utah, we were lucky enough to be able to purchase it early. I took my girls down to Deseret Book Saturday night and we bought a copy, met Stephanie Nielson and her girls, and she signed my copy for me and Nicole. Can I just tell you that my daughters said after meeting Stephanie, "She is really pretty." They are right. Stephanie has a lovely glow about her.

I literally read her book in a day and a half. That should tell you something right there: I couldn't put it down. I read between conference sessions, I read in bed with a flashlight, and I spent the first day of spring break reading & finishing it.

The book is definitely harrowing in parts. The plane crash and the aftermath are hard to read. It's tough reading the details about how much Stephanie and her dashing Mr. Nielson went through, but again and again Stephanie shows the reader what she's made of. I cannot even imagine living through what she has lived through! What an example.

The story really illustrates the bond between Stephanie and Christian. It's a lovely romance! It also shows just how thin the veil is. I really appreciated Stephanie sharing her experiences with her Nana Aurora while she was sleeping. If you read Heaven Is Here, you will laugh, you will cry (keep the tissues handy!) and you will feel more gratitude for life and what you have. This is a book I will read again and again. Thank you, Stephanie, for sharing your story.

Comments