Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Lessons from a 5k

{Me, Jeff and Nicole after our 5k last Saturday.}

Ran my first 5k last Saturday! It was definitely a success and I had a lot of fun doing it, but not without learning some things in the process.

1. Port-a-potties at a race site get used a lot. Enough said.

2. Adrenaline will get you going in the beginning. And it'll fire you up at the end!

3. I haven't ever liked crowds, but I can handle a running crowd better than a sightseeing crowd.

4. My husband is the best. You ever need pep talks or encouragement, call him up.

5. Running is mostly mental. I'm still learning how to talk myself during a run.

6. Good nutrition and plenty of hydration in the days before the race is vital.

7. There a lot of great people out there who like to run.

8. Gatorade Energy Chews are GOOD.

9. I really love Asics!

10. I can do anything I put my mind to!


Who wants to run a 5k with me?

Comments

  1. i enjoyed reading your 10 lessons :) Keep up the good work!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!