Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Recipe: My House Zucchini Bread

 I love zucchini bread.
And my family does, too.
So three zucchini sitting in my kitchen means I have to make it, even if I'd rather not turn on the oven because it's so hot. I just gotta do what I gotta do.

This zucchini bread is my own take on the Lion House zucchini bread recipe. I've made a few additions, such as additional spices and an extra egg, and swapped some of the white sugar for brown sugar. My family says I should tell the Lion House how to make it better--yeah, right. Instead I'll post my version here and you can be the judge. If you like Lion House zucchini bread, I won't argue. It's a good one. :)

My House Zucchini Bread

3 cups flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/4 t. ginger
1/4 t. cloves
4 eggs
1 c. oil
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 T. vanilla
2 c. grated zucchini
1 c. chopped nuts (optional)

Grease two 7-8 inch loaf pans and set aside. Preheat oven to 325. Mix flour, soda, baking powder, salt and spices together and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs on medium high until light and frothy; about 3-4 minutes. Add the oil, sugars, vanilla and zucchini. Mix well. Pour in flour mixture and mix it on low speed just until combined--don't over mix. Fold in nuts if desired. Pour batter into pans; each pan should be about 2/3 full. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Turn out onto wire racks and cool completely.

Comments