Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

When it rains, it pours. And it's pouring books.

I just had a birthday, and that always means one thing for certain: I have some new books to read, because books are my #1 gift. Always. :)



First of all, those are my reading glasses. Yes, I do need them. Badly! Second, that's actually a library book I've had on hold that came in right after I bought several other books with birthday money. Since I don't get to keep it more than two weeks (high demand on that one!) I have to get it read first.

This is actually killing me. In a good way.

Because I REALLY want to be reading the books I bought too! And I noticed something about that...I seem to be really into dystopian thrillers/novels. Here are the books I bought:

Pure by Joanna Baggott.  A dystopian thriller.
Divergent by Veronica Roth. A dsytopian novel.
Insurgent by Veronica Roth. The follow-up to Divergent. And you guessed it, it's dystopian.
Legend by Marie Lu. Yep, also dystopian themed.

So there you have it. Either I will be totally freaked out after I read all those, or I'll want more. I will confess that Pure so far is a little freaky, although definitely a page turner. Divergent, Insurgent & Legend all came highly recommended by book loving friends of mine.

The Winds & The Waves? It's by Dean Hughes who also wrote the awesome Children of the Promise series that was set in World War II. (I also love history!) I'm hurrying to finish it but it's not hard. It is a good book, and when I finish I'll do a review of it.

Comments