Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Crocheting {and knitting too} is good for your health!


I work from home a lot, and there are days when I am sick to death of my computer. Have you been there? That's when I like to pull out the crochet needles!

When I crochet, something miraculous happens. I feel soo much better! I feel calm. I feel de-stressed. 




As a fringe benefit, my grand babies get "Grammy Mimis," otherwise known as baby afghans, when they're born. {Two down, who knows how many more to go....} and it looks as though I will amass quite a collection of cute little wash/dishcloths. The blue dishcloth is all done in a double crochet stitch, and the other is done in a half double. Both were made with Peaches & Creme yarn and a size J hook. And I'm feeling proud of myself because I have finally learned how to crochet something with straight edges! ;)

I've been thinking about why crocheting is so great. My dad knits and he says pretty much the same thing--it's calming and enjoyable. So I pulled out my trusty Google research skills and looked it up. Turns out, studies have been done documenting the health benefits of knitting and crochet--both mental and physical. If you're interested, watch this cool video. If you're not a knitter or crocheter, it'll show you some pretty good reasons why you should be. And if you are a knitter or crocheter, then you probably already knew this!

For more information, visit the Craft Yarn Council website.

Comments