Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Got rhubarb?

Our large rhubarb patch. It originated from my hubby's grandmother's yard.
I do! As you can see, a lot of it. Here is what I am going to do with some of it. This recipe originated from one of my local grocer's ads about two years ago, and it's so good I've made sure to never lose it. If you like rhubarb, you will LOVE this recipe. Seriously good.


Rhubarb Crisp

1 c. light brown sugar, packed
1 c. all purpose flour
3/4 c. quick cooking rolled oats
1/2 c. melted butter (not margarine)
1 tsp. cinnamon
4 c. sliced rhubarb (I slice it about 1/2 inch thick)
1 c. sugar
2 T. cornstarch
1 c. water
1 tsp. vanilla

In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, butter and cinnamon. Mix until crumbly. Press half of this mixture into a buttered 8-inch baking dish. Top with the sliced rhubarb. In a saucepan, combine granulated sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla. Bring to a boil and cook until clear and thickened. Pour over the rhubarb. Top with remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

We like it topped with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.

Comments