Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

I'm going for the doctorate.

I've learned a few things about being a mother. I'm going to relate it to college.

No two kids are the same. Some kids are like taking Parenting 101--they have their moments, but they aren't harder than you can handle. I have a few of those.

Other kids are like taking Parenting 560--a little tougher to figure out, but the rewards are still great. I have a couple of those, too.

And still other kids are like taking Parenting 1100 (graduate level)--they constantly challenge you and everything you *thought* you knew about parenting. They demand you to be better than you thought you could. I'm "lucky" (just a little positivity here) enough to have one of those. If I successfully raise that child, I am going to request a doctorate in parenting.

Big word though, that "if." Some days it feels almost insurmountable. But all I can do (all any of us can do) is keep on trying, because in the end it'll all be worth it.

Comments