Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Flashback Friday: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society

 It's Flashback Friday again! Here's a book I reviewed early in the life of this blog, and it's a good one.

As you can see over there on the right of this page, I've labeled myself as an avid reader. I especially enjoy a good, clean read; i.e., one that doesn't have a lot of gratuitous sex or language. In my opinion, that stuff just detracts from an otherwise enjoyable read.



I've just read this book, "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society." What a great read! If you like historical fiction, you'll enjoy this book. Set just after World War II in England and the island of Guernsey, the novel will give you more insight into just what happened during the German Occupation of Guernsey. I admit that I hadn't heard much of Guernsey before, let alone that it was occupied by the Germans during World War II. The book is written as a series of letters between author Juliet Ashton and her editor, her best friend, and the members of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, who become very important to Juliet as the novel progresses. This novel is witty and engaging, yet gritty and sad in parts. You will learn some interesting facts. And just what is a potato peel pie?! Read the book to find out.

Comments