Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Project Preview


Hello there!

How is your Tuesday? Mine is fantastic--except for the fact that the kitchen faucet is leaking from underneath for some reason, so I have strict hubby-orders not to use it. Other than that, I can't complain.

Today's post is about my first project of 2013.

{I say that with total optimism that it will be the first and not also the last....}

I can't really tell you what it is exactly: It's a secret! But I can describe it for you in so many words:


It's soft.
It's pastel.
The yarn I'm using is amazingly fluffy!


The pattern is adapted from a few of my Pins. Adapted because the truth is, I started it and undid it twice because the original pattern and I were not getting along well. Not well at all!

So I began doing my own thing. Sometimes my own thing and I only have each other...that's the truth...but it's working out fine this time. (Yep, I have an independent streak that drives my hubby crazy sometimes!)

It's a simple single crochet/chain stitch throughout, but because the yarn is big and fluffy and I'm using a size 10 needle, it's going fast. After I've gifted it, I'll show you the whole thing.

Just be warned...I'm no crochet expert, but I do have fun with it when I make the time to do it. And it makes me think of my most favorite Primary teacher ever, the one who taught me how to crochet when I was 11. I've remembered the basics ever since, and I still love that teacher to this day.

Comments