Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Roasted Lemon Greek Chicken {the yummiest thing I've made in a while!}


A huge THANK YOU to my friend and neighbor, Laura, who gave me this recipe! You can find more of Laura's recipes here.
  
I can tell you that I will definitely be making this one again!! It was a huge hit with the family. (Don't worry Nicole, I'll make it again the next time you come home!) 

Lemon Greek Chicken
adapted from Pampered Chef Stoneware Insprirations

2 lemons
1/2 c. olive oil
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 T. dried oregano
1/2 t. salt
1 t. ground black pepper
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, frozen
12 red potatoes, quartered
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 red onion, sliced

Grease a large baking dish. (I used an 11x14 and another 9x9 because my family is large). Lay the chicken breasts in the pan. I put 4 in one and 2 in the other. Zest one of the lemons into a bowl and add the oil, garlic salt, oregano, salt & pepper. Juice the zested lemon into the bowl. Whisk the ingredients together until creamy. Give a light coating of the lemon/oil mixture to all the chicken breasts. Slice up the remaining lemon. Add the chopped vegetables and sliced lemon to the remaining lemon/oil mixture and stir to coat. Place the vegetables around the chicken breasts in each pan. Cover with foil and refrigerate for an hour or two to marinate.

Remove foil and bake chicken and vegetables uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 2 hours.

**Original recipe calls for mushrooms, but I omitted them. Next time I may try them. I also want to try baby carrots.

**Original recipe also calls for thawed chicken breasts, baked at 400 degrees for one hour. With the timing of church and the fact that I always use frozen breasts, I tried 375 for two hours and it was PERFECT. The chicken was juicy and the veggies tender but not overcooked.

Comments