Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Coconut-Almond Overnight Oats

I have a thing for overnight oats. And it's a fairly new obsession, but one I stand behind.
This is a story for another day, but to make a long story short, back in June I decided to take the plunge and try Clean Simple Eats' 6-week Summer Challenge. It turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made, for a lot of reasons. One day soon I'll write about that.
One of the things I started to enjoy eating as a result of completing the CSE Challenge has been overnight oats. I'm the sort of cook who sooner or later will try either adjusting recipes I like or making up my own. These Coconut Almond overnight oats are my own creation, following the basic rules of eating clean, healthy food with balanced macronutrients. {The macros for these oats might not be perfectly spot on, but they're close enough for me today}.
So whether or not you're into overnight oats, give these a try. If you've never tried them before, you might change your mind. And if you have, you might have a new variation to add to your collection.
Let me know what you think! And if you have a favorite clean overnight oats recipe, please tell me about it in the comments. Enjoy!

Coconut Almond Overnight Oats

1 serving
1/3 cup Old Fashioned oats
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 serving vanilla protein powder {I use plant-based protein}
2 T. unsweetened, shredded coconut
1 T. ground flax
3/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. ginger
2 T. non-fat Greek yogurt
vanilla stevia {optional}
1/2 a banana, sliced
1 T. almonds
In a glass jar or bowl, combine oats, almond milk, protein powder, coconut, ground flax, cinnamon & ginger. Stir well, cover, and place in the refrigerator overnight or at least 6-8 hours. In the morning, mix Greek yogurt with stevia {if desired}. Top oats with yogurt, sliced banana, and almonds.

Comments