Adventures in Hawaii: Snorkeling at Molokini Crater

Marie Kondo-ed.


So Marie Kondo, the organizing guru, has a popular show on Netflix. Have you seen it? I haven't, but I do intend to.

My daughter mentioned the show to me, and told me I should watch it. She said after I did, I'd want to "Marie Kondo" everything. Well, little did she know that the mere mention of it would make me Marie Kondo my kitchen counter.

In all honesty, I had been wanting to get rid the clutter on this counter, I just hadn't found the time to get it done. But when Nicole mentioned the show, it was enough to turn the desire into action. I should have taken a before pic, but trust me when I tell you that I filled a box with stuff to donate to a local thrift shop.

Marie Kondo has a point. Because instead of looking at that counter and thinking, "Ugh, I need to clean this up," I feel actual relief that it's done. And there's room to actually work! It legit feels SO much better just looking at it. Clutter is definitely worth getting rid of!

I'm still thinking that we don't actually need TWO knife blocks....

Comments